Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 1

Well, I guess I've just entered the technological age. "One small step for me, one giant laugh from the rest of the planet." I'm new to the Blogosphere and, so far, it seems fairly painless.

I'm a senior in a Chicago Liberal Arts college. I'm enrolled in the college's BFA program in Fiction Writing. By this time next year, I'll be fighting off federal loan payments and sweating over the revision of my first novel. That is if all goes as planned. So far, I'm on schedule.

The title of this blog, "Scribbles in the Margins," is how I hope to treat this. I want to use this space to make notes, jot down ideas, share my acceptances for publication and my numerous rejections. I also see it as a way to share some of the hurdles I face on the road to writing and publishing fiction stories and novels for a living. I understand that few pull it off, but I'm hopeful, hard-working and not without a little talent, so I hear.

Wish me a little luck and I hope to see some hits in the next few weeks.

No comments: