Thursday, September 20, 2007

Anthologies Abound

Hey, all! A few sprinkles of good news in a pot of rejections. A few members of the writer's group I'm in are being published in two anthologies printed by Avendia Publishing: "Sin" and "Sex." I will have a short story published in each of them, the first going to print by the end of the year.

To follow up that good news, the Bath Spa University / Columbia College Chicago anthology team has accepted one of my Persian Gulf short stories for their upcoming anthology partnership. The book, "Open to Interpretation," will be released in the coming year. My story, "Home Life," will be in it.

In the mean time, I've been elbow deep in trying to keep a World of Warcraft guild afloat, my revisions on shorts rolling and my attention focused on why my novel is taking a turn for the waste basket. Hemingway, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know when to let my writing fall from my fingers into the fireplace.

No comments: