Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hey all...

I'm still here, though it may appear that I've been AFK (away from keyboard) for quite some time. The old creative juices are still flowing, but the biggest priority lately has been the quest for full-time employment. It's as though looking for a job is a full-time job in itself.

My Gulf War fiction has been on the back burner for quite some time now and I think it's about to boil over and demand my attention. It will be good to get back to it. The characters will need to be whipped back into shape, of course. Too much time on their own has made them lazy and fat.

I think I put it off for so long because I know it was starting to move in 6 directions and away from where I originally saw it heading. New directions are fine, good even, but too many directions at once makes for a confusing plot line, even to me. Time to get out the scissors and start a blaze in the fireplace...it's editing time.

1 comment:

Featuring Uvula Bovinae & Franchesca Hippopotami said...

If I have the wrong person, I do apologize.

I'm looking for a Joe Marceau who went to either Bartlett or Elgin high school (bad memory) and would have graduated in 1990. we went to each other's junior proms. I remember you were into Slayer and we met during a writer's workshop at my highschool in Chicago Heights (Bloom Trail). We kept in touch off and on a little bit, but lost touch soon after you joined the Marines and you were in the Gulf War.

If this is the right Joe, I would really love to hear from you. I've been looking for you off and on for years and just recently found an excerpt from some Gulf War Memoirs that sounded a lot like the Joe I remembered.

If this isn't the right guy, I do apologize again, but would you mind terribly just sending me a small message to let me know to continue looking?

Thanks so much,

Kara (McConnell) Evans
karaevans@tpg.com.au